Friday, March 6, 2015

A New Project and a Re-Do

I worked on a couple projects for Bridger this week.  The first one was super simple . . . a new baby towel.  I just bought some terry cloth and then added bias tape around the edge to finish it off.  We decided a bright orange would look cute with the gray.

First it was OK . . . 

. . . and then it wasn't!! 

For my re-do, I had a play mat I got for Walker.  When Tanner was finishing up using it, I realized it was falling apart . . . and ugly!!  I happened to see online somewhere where someone had made their own.  I decided I could just re-do mine.  Well, basically it's all new except I re-covered the cross bars.

Here is what it looked like.

And this is what I made.

The little tabs are for hanging other toys off of.

The old toy no longer worked so I took it apart and replaced the batteries and made a bird around the noisemaker.

I thought it turned out adorable . . . and so is the little man :)

I was supposed to be making a blanket for Bridger, too, but one of the fabrics I bought was flawed so I need to replace it before I can make his blanket.