Saturday, May 25, 2013

Iris Gardens

Monday the kids didn't have school and we'd decided to go to the Iris Gardens.  The boys weren't overly impressed about having to look at flowers, but they were happy to be with friends because Charity's family were with us, too.

We were supposed to have gone Friday, but Bronwyn was sick and we postponed it.  That ended up working the best, because it was a beautiful day (nicer than Friday and the only sunny, warm day this week)!!

I'd been there before with parts of my family . . . many years ago with the 4 oldest and then again later with some of my middle children.  I don't think any of  them really remembered about it.  It is a beautiful, free place to go to.  Schreiner's Iris Gardens is about 1 1/2 hours south of us.

We got there around 11:00 and decided to eat first.  We'd brought picnic food.  They have picnic tables there on their beautifully manicured lawn.  After lunch we started walking around, after making sure everyone was going with someone.

Their beds have irises around the outside, with other flowers in the middle.  Almost all of the irises are named and you can buy them there.

Some pretty pictures of the gardens.

Some close-ups of some of the irises I liked.

Some other pretty flowers.


There were several of these Fringe trees throughout the gardens.  They were very pretty!

I tried to take "2 year" pictures of Morgan, but it was kind of a fruitless effort.  She moved SOOO fast.  By the time I could take a picture, she'd be on to the next place.  Here are a couple I got.

 A real classic "Morgan" face!!

My lovely sister, Charity.


They had these neat benches along one side of the gardens . . . in all the colors of the rainbow.  I wish I would've gotten a picture of them!

Jason, Morgan and Hunter.

Walker

 Tara, Morgan, Mindy and Bronwyn

 Tiffany, Brady, Monica and Jason

 My good little boy, Tanner:)


Me with all of my children (except for Reid).

The whole group of kids.  Twelve of mine and 10 of Charity's.

Charity and a little more than half of her children.

 A couple shots of their test fields on our way out.


On our way home we stopped at the outlet stores.  I was done shopping early so I was just sitting in the van.  I laid Tanner on top of the ice chest between the seats.  He was pleased to be free of the car seat and able to move.

If you live close and want to go visit the gardens, they're open through June 9th.  And did I say?? . . . they're FREE to visit and FREE is a good price:)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! I enjoyed them last year and yes its amazing anything is free these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a CUTE baby! And I love the cowboy hat. You have an adorable family Elva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, beautiful day. Looks like you made lots of memories too.

    ReplyDelete