Friday, October 18, 2013

20th Anniversary Trip - Part 2

If you haven't already seen it, here is 20th Anniversary Trip - Part 1.

We were on our way once again, in search of a quilt shop my friend had told me about.  We had to stop to take a picture of this beautiful hotel/resort.  The petunias were sooo pretty!!!  As you can see, our day was absolutely gorgeous!

We found the quilt shop . . . Keepsake Quilting, in Center Harbor, New Hampshire.  Tanner was sleeping and he'd just been fed, so Daddy stayed with him in the car.  I walked into the store and wasn't quite sure where I was supposed to begin!!  I'd thought about looking for a pattern at home, before I left, but then decided I'd just look at the store and decide there what to buy.

I walked all through the store and came upon an area of consignment quilts.  They were hung on some kind of hangers you could move about (like I've seen big rugs hung on in a store).  I slowly looked through them, probably 50 or more.  When I got about 2/3 of the way through, I was running into something.  I looked down and there was a sign with a basket under it.  The sign said you were supposed to put white gloves on from the basket before you touched any of the quilts . . . OOPS!!!  I quickly put on a pair and finished looking:)

I found a fairly simple quilt that I thought it would be easy to buy fabric for. . .but I couldn't find a pattern . . . and when I asked about taking pictures, they said I could take pictures of anything . . . just not the consignment quilts:(  There went that plan!  Looking at their website now I found a picture of the quilt I wanted to take a picture of.

I'm glad now that I didn't buy fabric for this quilt.  After thinking I'd seen all of their patterns, I found another post in the store that had more of them . . . and just the right pattern.  I finally had a pattern, so I had to go looking for just the right fabric.  I didn't like at all how they had their fabrics set up.  They're organized by color instead of the manufacturer or type of fabric, and it seemed so difficult for me to find what I was looking for.  I didn't end up getting everything for my whole quilt, but I got a big part of it.  I knew David was probably ready to leave by then, as I'd been there for quite awhile and I figured Tanner was probably ready to eat again!!

They had the biggest area of batiks I've ever seen.  This was an end shelf of just one color.

Just a couple more pictures randomly taken.  I did love how they had their fat quarters hanging by little hooks throughout the store.

The sun was shining in the window so brightly here that my picture didn't turn out too great!

While I'd been shopping, David had been taking care of Tanner.  He didn't sleep for very long at all.  David found out what the town was like, as he walked around part of the time.  He stopped in at a small grocery store and took Tanner to a park.

Finally, we were on our way again, headed to North Conway for the night.  This little fellow met us at our motel.  I thought he was pretty cute:)

It seemed like everyone wanted to be in North Conway that night.  The restaurants we wanted to try were full.  We ended up finding one close to our motel that had a table immediately.  Tanner ended up sleeping the entire time, which was very nice!

And I guess I'll end Part 2 here.  Come back again:)  20th Anniversary Trip - Part 3

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for these posts if your trip and look forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Nice you got to have such peaceful Quilt shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun shop! Waiting for the rest:)

    ReplyDelete